Players Name Change

I personally feel like Player Name Changes shouldnt be locked to subscribers, theres been a ton of arguments since the very beggining about people asking for the ability to change their players name. Like beeing able to change a players name in the academy, or in their tab. Some people just like to name their players after their friends or idols and they get attached to their players that way. I feel like its not gamebreaking but it could be a feature available for everyone.
As i said before, i too get attached to my player that i name after my friend, but unlimited amount of renaming remove the possibility of having a game lore. It removes the possibility not to just try to get random player with the best stat, but you try to get player "IronStorm" for example, because he is well known by all players for being a top lcs player, etc etc. If anybody can rename, they can take this player, rename it to "dipshit" and then... well if you ask someone "who is this mighty IronStorm ? " he will answer "i don't know, he probably got rename so we can't find it easily anymore".

What i mean is that i like the idea of not buying a random good player, but buying a famous name, that is stuck to a player.
Good point, what do you think about players having a nickname in your team? Imagine that "IronStorm" within his team would be known as "dipshit" but in his player profile his name would still be "IronStorm".
Ex:
IronStorm "dipshit" (on the player profile)
dipshit (IronStorm) (on the players tab where you see all your players)

Seems like a fix for everyone. subscribers could keep the advantage of beeing the only ones allowed to actually change the real name of the players, and everyone could give a nickname to their own players.
Seems a good idea in my opinion :)
You can choose the name for your players in the beginning of the game and now you can also choose a role for each player and a trait when you create a team. So essentially you get 5 players with the names you desired in the exact roles you wanted from the beginning. However only subscribers can change names afterwards. This way users should be able to get attached to their original players. Perhaps still leave naming of youth academy players as well.

Do you think it's still unfair?
Well, it really depend on how good our starter player are. If they are really bad like this test phase, it's useless. If not why not, but i still think nicknaming them, even if it's only for you, it's good idea.

Academy name should be left free of course, not everybody want to play with a generated name player.
My plan was to balance the game in a manner where keeping the starting players becomes a viable option and make youth academy limited in a sense that a youth has to be there for at least a season or reach a certain age. This mean that you can only get new players via scouting (which I want to make viable as well though, by injecting some free players into the system) or transfer market, at least in the beginning.

Unfortunately though this can also mean a quite passive transfer market in the beginning.

I'm wondering if I should rework the trait system a little bit. At the moment the traits you give players are 'Star player', 'Team player', 'Leader', 'Entertainer', and 'All around'.

Perhaps if 2 of the players were bad, but rest of the 3 were viable, it would force teams to start replacing only the part of the roster, but it would mean that youth academy, scouting and transfer market becomes more important while you still have 3 players you can be attached to from the beginning.
Being able to name your players is one of the best parts about this game. As long as you give us enough chances to name them (when we first get players), I think that would be enough.
I'm very much attached to the names of my players. I honestly don't know what I would do if I had to give up my personally-named players. I understand the logic being used behind internal game lore since it creates our own little world, but I just want my personally-named team. I don't think I *could* give up $5/month, either, just to keep them. It's a frustrating thing to ponder. I may intentionally tank my own viability in the League just to keep my sub-par players because of the names alone.